the fact is (i need you)

>> Sunday, February 14, 2010


the fact is (i need you)

your light brings still life
into the midst of my chaos,
drowning out proverbial sayings
and extra voices meant to weigh down.
lifting me up, the waves of the minds disturbance
lap at your beautiful feet not reaching, drowning
my potentiality,
your soothing voice strokes my ego, and
i not only believe i can, but i know...

i know i need you,
i need your touch, similar to the suns pure rays
on beautiful golden days, my skin blushes, deepens at your love,
i know i need your hands,
strong, but gentle feeding me life’s manna
ackee, saltfish, dumplings, doesn’t matter,
i know i need your mind,
determined to love mine, no matter my womanly ways,
moods, and high heeled attitudes,
your soul, speaks to me when distance is between,
and tears guide curled wires
leading your sophisticated roses back to me.

gone are the days, you and i were non existent to each other
a mere thought in the smile of the almighty
now that you are in my world, girlish wrists will burn in an attempt
to hold on.
walking all eternity, swimming exposed in salty tears,
lying my mishapen thoughts out to wither and dry.
so deep is my need for you
proving that serenity does exist
outside of the mind and well wishes
of astounded dreamers counting stars in bright skies.


inspired by jill scott – the fact is (i need you)
la.moi jan 27, 2010


7 comments:

LoVe.Peace.Curls. Sunday, February 14, 2010  

I love this piece!! And I love that song!!!!!!

Cook.ThePoet. Sunday, February 14, 2010  

This is so pretty. I love it. never heard the song but I might have to give it a listen now if it inspired such a beautiful piece.

-Cook.ThePoet.

Anonymous,  Sunday, February 14, 2010  

Nice! Makes me want to fall in love.

Lamoi Sunday, February 14, 2010  

thank you soo much ladies.. you all are sooo encouraging!

cook, it is such a gorgeous song, i hope you like it.

Essynce21 Tuesday, February 16, 2010  

I loved it... I love that song. Jill is an inspiration all around!

tha unpretentious narcissist© Wednesday, February 17, 2010  

i stay feeling that way. and i just shivered cause that picture of you in the yellow reminded me of one of my ex girlfriends. like from that profile you look just like her..

not a bad thing, just been a long time since i've seen her or thought about her.

brooklyn Friday, February 19, 2010  

this is a beautiful poem honey. I'm always in awe of your writing it touches my soul and inspires me to keep writing...you are truly my muse ruby.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP