happy love day

>> Sunday, February 14, 2010

as i was leaving the sanctuary today, i wished one of the older ladies happy valentines day, she replied that it was a day only for men and women in love, if you have no one to celebrate with, why celebrate it at all. i decided a few days ago that i would let love loose, because when it is constricted, it becomes exclusive, so instead of encouraging the spreading of love, for most it becomes a day of bitterness and sadness.

i purposed to celebrate love day with those i really love, my brother and my sister. we have the most fun together, and people who come around us truly never leave the same (i'm not sure if it's a good thing though), so i treated them to cafe demetres, we ate dessert, laughed til we cried and just loved on each other, if that is not what love day is all about, then ya'll can have it.

so from us to you...we hope you had a great love day!


6 comments:

E's Monday, February 15, 2010  

The older lady in the sanctuary sounds a little sour. LOL. Glad you decided to enjoy your Valentine's...

Thanks for following my blog. I listened to your poems...you have a gift and nice voice too.

Anonymous,  Monday, February 15, 2010  

Hahaha! E's comment is funny and I have to say that I agree. lol. Glad you spent the day with family. That is what it is all about. :o)

Essynce21 Tuesday, February 16, 2010  

This was adorable and so very true. You Valentine could be anybody, not just someone that you are in love with. Too Cute!

tha unpretentious narcissist© Wednesday, February 17, 2010  

awww that was cool..you & your sis look just alike. i'm laughing to myself cause i was gonna say is her name ..."accident". lol

i think v-day is just a day women commercialize to empty your pockets anyway lol. yes..vday hater is present & accounted for. i had a great one tho..so i'm not complaining (this year..at least)

Thee_Kween Thursday, February 18, 2010  

I was thinking the same thing Unpretentious said, your sister and you share faces. LOL

You know what I did already...I loved on ME. I was in probably what would be considered WAY too good a mood for someone who is newly "broken-hearted"...but my heart is NOT broken. I've decided...my heart is on a hiatus from loving others more than they deserve. So, I had a ball. I sang LOVE songs out loud, watched romantic comedies/movies on Lifetime (the resident channel in this market for murder/abuse) And just had a ball telling everyone I loved them. I had FOUR valentines. 2 grandmas, a daddy and a mommy!!!! :D

I'm so glad you enjoyed your day with the sibling units. LOL

Bri Wednesday, March 10, 2010  

Lovely post! Made me smile :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP