>> Monday, February 1, 2010

i completely bombed my open mic performance last night. i mean, i'm pretty sure i did. i was told i did good, despite my nervousness, "you didn't look nervous", my girlfriends are such good girlfriends. i was sooo nervous guys, like it was my first time all over again, i practiced and practiced and practiced, until i started to confuse myself, because i was adamant about not bringing up my notebook with me. such a newly written piece, i really should have, there was no time for it to dig it's heels into my soul, but i was adamant about doing it.

yet peeking through my pants wetting, knees knocking nervousness, pride rose up in my heart. thoughts of 'i'm basically a pro, i know what i'm doing, i can sooo totally do this', crept up, and i think i got overly confident, which as you can imagine nervousness and cockiness is not a good combination to have.

and so i bombed, i mean, i'm pretty sure i did. i forgot half of the poem once i reached the middle of the 2nd verse and my quick thinking brain went into overdrive putting together fragments and pieces in an attempt to salvage my sanity and my poem. i haven't even looked at the video yet, fearing i may  
 cause my camera to malfunction due to my tears.

am i being overly dramatic? maybe. because really, i don't think it was that bad. and it happens to everyone.
but guys, last night i was humbled.


4 comments:

Cook.ThePoet. Monday, February 01, 2010  

I doubt you were that bad! l0l. I do the same. Like get to the half of the poem and go 'uhhhh, damn' *looks up* 'line please?' l0l.

-Cook.ThePoet.

Anonymous,  Tuesday, February 02, 2010  

You sound like you're worrying too much! Calm down, breatheeee. I bet you were great. Even if you did forget your poem. lol.
& Tumblr is sort of like a blog, but it's more bits & pieces instead of one long blog post.

LoVe.Peace.Curls. Tuesday, February 02, 2010  

Aww... I'm sure it wasn't that bad! We're our own worst critic. Besides, you were able to scramble and put some thoughts together and incorporate them into the part you forgot... that's how you know you're a real pro lol. I'd have been looking like a deer in headlights, up there spazzing! Lol

Lamoi Wednesday, February 03, 2010  

thanx guys....i know im being extra hard on myself, and it's not the first time i've forgotten my lines, but it's the first time it's affected me like this...sigh.

lily, thanx for clearing that up!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP