swish nikey, swish!

>> Wednesday, February 17, 2010

why not seize the pleasure at once? how often is happiness destroyed by preparation. foolish preparation? - jane austen

i am awful at making decisions. there is always some form of if's, but's, and maybe's, and more often maybe i shouldn'ts. at the age of 26 i got sick and tired of living this way, and i decided to adopt a new way of life. JUST DO IT! has become my new motto, my new mantra, my 'ummmmm'. and i love it.

like when i pushed myself myself out of the 'i'm a writer' box, the 'my words sound better on the page box',...you know that box.... and became a spoken word artist. that was especially amazing to me because i have a speech impediment and i used my comfort zone as an excuse to not go up there, but just do it! one tuesday night, i went onto the stage, grabbed the mic, blinked in the light and changed the course of my life forever.

and when i uped myself one day and decided to dye the back half of my hair burgandy red. just do it! that simple decision was one of the best ones in my life (speaking of which i need a touch up). and i regret nothing. and when i started my own business. i still can't believe i am a business woman. or when i pushed my fear over the cliff and started blogging. that was scary for real!

JUST DO IT! and regret nothing.
there are many reasons why we don't do what we want, and there are somethings we should not do no matter how badly we want to do them like...murder, rape, getting someone fired to take their position, etc... but for those things that you have no real reason as to why you shouldn't do it other than your own fear and insecurity, screw that!.... JUST DO IT! our happiness is our own. our sorrow is our own. no one can live our lives for us, no matter how hard they try to. so why should we live our life for them? when they are dead and gone, we're the ones gonna be left with shoulda, coulda, wouldas, and nothing to show for it, but our two long hands (jamaican term, it means your hands are empty).

next time you are in the midst of talking yourself out doing something....stop, build a bonfire, burn up all your pros and cons lists, and JUST DO IT!

4 comments:

Aku$hika Wednesday, February 17, 2010  

GO girl, let loose and forge ahead, don't let nothing or anybody stop you.

Thee_Kween Thursday, February 18, 2010  

I love it...I can't wait to see your product. I'm so proud of the baby! lol ***hugs***

Cook.ThePoet. Thursday, February 18, 2010  

Owwww!!! I like, I like!!

-Cook.ThePoet.

Essynce21 Friday, February 19, 2010  

I am completely feeling you on this one. I am in the process of learning to take on this new found way of life... It has been rewarding. I feel like for once I am living for me. I has been a long time coming but well worth the wait...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP