apostaday: i love you chris

>> Thursday, June 3, 2010

What affect has a child, whether yours or someone else's, had on your life? via http://oneminutewriter.blogspot.com/2008/11/todays-writing-prompt-child.html

one of the many reasons why i am thrilled that my ex smooth and i have remained close friends is because of christopher aka chris. he has become one of the many loves in my life and has inspired me above and beyond my prior dreams.

smooth's parents are foster parents, and they constantly have new children coming in and out of their lives, and when i saw the positive impact a loving family can have on a damaged child it really opened up my heart to the possibility of being a foster parent myself. when smooth and i were talking about getting married and beginning our own family it was not even a question whether or not we would be foster parents or adoptive parents, especially since he works as a caregiver for mentally challenged adults.

but when i met chris who came to them when he was just a baby, i fell in love with the little native indian boy with chubby cheeks, and watching him grow into something beautiful and smart and loving and rude cemented my hope and my dream as a foster parent. our latest adventure quite recently was me crawling around on the floor with him playing 'boo'

as a child of God, it is my duty to do whatever i can to help those in need, to sacrifice my comfort to make others comfortable. it breaks my heart to see children thrown away by their parents, as believers in a God of love, let us show love to those who need it.

chris, i love you and i thank you for being who exactly who you are.
smooth, thank you for sharing your family and your experiences with me, i love you.


3 comments:

lost_verses Friday, June 04, 2010  

I love this post, you know after you told me about him I felt the same. I am definitely throwing away my cat lady idea to become a foster mom. All jokes aside this is a great blog, and smooth and his family are beautiful people. I really liked this, good to see that there is still beauty in humanity, in the simplest of forms. xoxoxo

Essynce21 Friday, June 04, 2010  

I love this... I volunteered with abused and neglected boys and the warmth and love they had was amazing. They were just happy that someone was there to visit and play with them. It has inspired me to adopted one day. No child should be without a parents love

tha unpretentious narcissist© Sunday, June 06, 2010  

this is cool. kids are wonderful. i get so much from just one hug from my son. it's like just looking at him, look at me i can see how much he loves me. that is a wonderful feeling that no one really can give you the same way.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP